Product Release Notice: KINGSTAR 3.1.2
General Availability Release Date July 7, 2017
KINGSTAR products are designed for industrial machines requiring motion control and positioning systems. KINGSTAR’s all-software approach sets it apart from other machine control solutions.
Using the EtherCAT standard; the power of Industrial PCs; and the Windows operating system, enhanced by IntervalZero’s RTX64 hard real-time software that transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS), you can create software-only, PC-based machine controllers that lower the costs of industrial machines while delivering excellent precision and performance.
KINGSTAR Soft Motion is a complete software solution that creates PC-based machine controllers with premium precision and performance.
KINGSTAR EtherCAT provides support for CANopen over EtherCAT and simplified configuration of EtherCAT networks.
New Features and Resolved Issues
- Resolves issues regarding the functions MC_MoveContinuousAbsolute and MC_MoveContinuousRelative.
- When the end velocity was set to zero the motor would continue to run at minimum speed even after it had reached the end velocity. [KS-319]
- When the end velocity was set to a value larger than the maximum velocity configured using the ConfigureServoMotion function, the motor would travel the specified distance, stop, and then generate a position lag error. [KS-320]
- Resolves an issue regarding CAM failures when slave positions are relative, profile is periodic (continue), and slave offset is greater than zero. [KS-325]
- Resolves an issue regarding sending the EC_ReadWordParameter command not setting the output “busy” to be TRUE immediately. [KS-340]
- Resolves an issue regarding the Sanyo Denki RF2 servo drives encounter when Mode of Operation and Mode of Operation Display objects are enabled using the EnableSynchronizedControlMode function. [KS-341]
- Resolves an issue regarding the KINGSTAR shared memory not being initialized to zero. [KS-346]
- Resolves an issue regarding the mcMinPositionLag parameter not working properly. [KS- 349]
- Resolves and issue regarding the outputs of the MC_GroupEnable and MC_GroupDisable function blocks not updating correctly. [KS-356]
- Resolves an issue regarding the axis group index requiring a zero and one, or the commands would not run and an access violation would occur. [KS-357]
- Resolves an issue regarding the .NET EC_ReadWordParameter function not properly using the done output value to notify users when completed. [KS-375]
- Resolves issues regarding the Win32 functions MC_Inch and MC_Jog not working correctly. [KS-391]
- Includes support for the Intel i219 Network Interface Cards (NICs), as well as updated support for several Intel ICH8, ICH9, ICH10, and PCH controllers Intel network interface cards.
- Resolves an issue regarding several Realtek device entries missing from the KINGSTAR driver list and INF file.
- Resolves an issue regarding the Copley servo drives being unable to be servo-ed on. [KS-326]
- Resolves and issue regarding Sanyo Denki RF2 servo drives encountering problems when Mode of Operation and Mode of Operation Display objects is enabled using the EnableSynchronizedControlMode function. [KS-341]
- Resolves an issue regarding the ideal processor check goes into an infinite loop when the computer has more than 16 cores. [KS-351]
Download KINGSTAR 3.1.2 Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT beginning July 7, 2017 through Partners and by contacting Sales: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com. or (781) 996-4481. Evaluation Downloads can also be requested here.
We look forward to comments and feedback. If you have any recommendations or wish to suggest any product enhancements, please contact Product Management at: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com.