Product Release Notice: KINGSTAR 3.2
General Availability Release Date November 3, 2017
KINGSTAR products are designed for industrial machines requiring motion control and positioning systems. KINGSTAR’s all-software approach sets it apart from other machine control solutions.
Using the EtherCAT standard; the power of Industrial PCs; and the Windows operating system, enhanced by IntervalZero’s RTX64< hard real-time software that transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS), you can create software-only, PC-based machine controllers that lower the costs of industrial machines while delivering excellent precision and performance. There are two product lines: KINGSTAR Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT.
KINGSTAR Soft Motion is a complete software solution that creates PC-based machine controllers with premium precision and performance.
KINGSTAR EtherCAT provides support for CANopen over EtherCAT and simplified configuration of EtherCAT networks.
New Features and Resolved Issues
- Adds Gearing functions: MC_GearIn, MC_GearOut, MC_GearInPos. [KS-23]
- Adds KINGSTAR .NET Class Sample. [KS-384]
- Adds API functions: CommandTest, GetServoAvailableControlModes, GetLinkState. [KS-393] [KS-394] [KS-396]
- Adds properties to the Axis class in the .NET Class interface: HomingMode, HomingDirection, HomingSwitch, NegativeLimit, NegativeSoftLimit, PosToVelRatio, PositiveLimit, PositiveSoftLimit, SlaveControlLimit, SlaveHomingMode, SlaveHomeOffset, TorqueReverse. [KS-420]
- Adds a method to the Axis class in the .NET Class interface: CancelHomeAsync. [KS-420]
- Adds a command-line mode to the KINGSTAR Analysis Console. [KS-427]
- Adds options in the KINGSTAR ESI Import Tool: Cycle time interval, Default resolution, MOP Display, Custom Input/Output. [KS-444]
- Adds retry capability to scanning the bus scan. If new slaves are added between the INIT and OP state, the KINGSTAR master will run the bus scan again. [KS-77]
- Contains a BETA version of a new KINGSTAR Tuning Console, that can be used to configure, test and tune devices.
- Resolves an issue regarding SanyoDenki RF2, when using SDO to write the value into the object index of the multiple axes, the address of the index was wrong. [KS-359]
- Adds custom variables into the PDO variable list. Users can use the KINGSTAR ESI Import Tool to set these variables. [KS-360]
- Resolves an issue regarding the output of the MC_GroupEnable and MC_GroupDisable function blocks influenced the power state of the single axis in the group. [KS-366]
- Resolves an issue regarding simulated axis kept running after MC_Halt in some conditions. [KS-392]
- Resolves an issue regarding incorrect Done and Busy outputs for MC_Jog and MC_Inch in the Win32 interface. [KS-398]
- Resolves an issue regarding MC_GroupSetPosition not working properly in the Win32 interface. [KS-405]
- Resolves an issue regarding Motion-card API functions returning MC_Error codes instead of ReturnCode. [KS-414]
- Resolves an issue regarding applications not catching the exception of the .NET Class functions whose return type is async void. [KS-422]
- Resolves an issue regarding memory not being cleaned up after calling the Stop function. [KS-437]
- Resolves an issue in .NET Class interface, regarding the properties Started and ProcessInitialized not changing their state as expected. [KS-451]
- Rewritten from a single threaded architecture to a distributed architecture to improve performance for larger number of devices.
- Provides KINGSTAR EtherCAT API functions to read and write custom variables into the PDO variable list. [KS-360]
- Adds new supported hardware:
- Servo drives
- Inovance IS620N [KS-408]
- EtherCAT coupler
- VIPA SLIO EtherCAT Coupler [KS-378]
KINGSTAR 3.2 Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT beginning November 3, 2017 through Partners and by contacting Sales: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com. or (781) 996-4481. Evaluation Downloads can also be requested here.
We look forward to comments and feedback. If you have any recommendations or wish to suggest any product enhancements, please contact Product Management at: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com.