KINGSTAR 3.6.1 is Now Live: What You Need to Know
We’re most excited about the new features in KINGSTAR Soft Motion and that this release sets the foundation for Machine Automation that can support world-wide Industry 4.0 initiatives. For example, KINGSTAR offers native language support such as Chinese. In addition, KINGSTAR PLC now supports Symbolic constants, in the size of Array/Matrix variables and has an improved sample program. We have also added COM Port over EtherCAT support and a diagnosis interface window to the KINGSTAR Analysis Console.
KINGSTAR 3.6.1 also resolves several known issues.
Read the full product release notes below for all the details, and as always, get in touch with any questions.
General Availability Release Date: August 19, 2019
KINGSTAR is an all-software, complete “plug-and-play” PC-based Machine Automation platform for IoT and Industry 4.0. Key pre-tested and pre-integrated industrial machine components include software-based motion control, machine vision, programmable logic controller (PLC) and the industry’s only plug-and-play EtherCAT master that auto-discovers any vendor’s EtherCAT drive, IO or device and auto-configures the EtherCAT environment at startup. Built on the EtherCAT standard and supported by a real-time 64-bit Windows operating-system (RTOS) from IntervalZero, KINGSTAR empowers engineers to design, develop and integrate machine control applications or a system of controllers on a single Industrial PC. The KINGSTAR platform can replace all hardware with software-only motion controllers and machine vision positioning systems, quickly and cost effectively
- Adds ForceServoDI (RT and Win32), ForceDI (.NET API), and ForceDigitalInputAsync (.NET Class) to write data to a digital input of an axis. [KS-1423]
- Adds EnableDcMasterShift (RT and Win32), EnableDcMasterShift (.NET API), DcMasterShift (.NETClass) to support master shift distributed clock mode. [KS-1425]
Updates and Resolved Issues
- Adds support for the TouchProbe feature with simulated drives. [KS-1422]
- Resolves an issue regarding KINGSTAR providing a warning instead of an alarm when the Following Error bit of the servo drive is TRUE. This allowed an axis to keep working without being interrupted by an alarm. [KS-1570]
- Adds support for the PDO Assignments for I/O modules in KINGSTAR ESI Import Tool. [KS-1575]
- Resolves an issues regarding servo drives vibrating and becoming unstable when switched between the CSP and CST modes. [KS-1200]
- Resolves a memory leak found when using GetServoStatus in Win32 API and LabVIEW from National Instruments. [KS-1420]
- Resolves an issues regarding incorrect error messages being displayed when the network card is not configured for use with KINGSTAR. [KS1429]
- Resolves calculation errors of the MC_CAM ramp mode during startup when called repeatedly. [KS-1598]
- Adds RtEcatSetDcMasterShift to support master shift distributed clock mode. [KS-1425]
Updates and Resolved Issues
- Resolves an issues regarding incorrect error messages being displayed when the network card is not configured for KINGSTAR. [KS1429]
- Resolves an issue regarding incorrect data being uploaded for SDO segment. [KS-1430]
- Resolved an issue regarding KINGSTAR crashing during the distributed clock (DC) calculations under some condition. [KS-1574]
- Nexcom AXE-5904 [KS-1409]
- Kinco FM880 [KS-1408]
- MOONS‘ SSDC06-EC [KS-1413]
- TPM STP-K121B [KS-1411]
EtherCAT I/O modules
- Beckhoff EL6695 bridge terminal [KS-1407]
- Berghof ECCI/O modules [KS-1414]
- Berghof EtherCAT I/O modules [KS-1415]
- TPM 207-D402H [KS-1432]
KINGSTAR 3.6.1 Soft Motion and KINGSTAR 3.6.1 EtherCAT are available beginning August 19, 2019 through Partners and by contacting Sales: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com or (781) 209-2810. Evaluation Downloads can also be requested here.
We look forward to comments and feedback. If you have any recommendations or wish to suggest any product enhancements, please contact Product Management at: KINGSTARSales@KINGSTAR.com.