Achieving Industry 4.0: Four Critical Features for Smart Machine Automation
Industry 4.0 is reshaping manufacturing in the same way that Amazon transformed retailing. By embracing the best practices, machine builders can discover new information-based products and identify opportunities to build smarter factories capable of automatically taking corrective or optimizing actions. Understand why one key machine automation architecture element will determine success or failure.
- Defines the role machine automation plays in Industry 4.0
- Explores the key feature sets required by machine controllers
- Identifies key standards that are emerging and important
- Explains why 1 fieldbus stands apart in supporting IoT
- Reveals the 1 architectural element that is the perquisite or success
Please fill out the form below to access the report.
In this white paper, “5 Real-Time, Ethernet-Based Fieldbuses Compared,” we examine five different protocols that claim to offer the best price/performance open standard for real-time Ethernet fieldbuses. Topics covered include:
5 standards compared: Ethernet/IP, Ethernet Powerlink, EtherCAT, PROFINET IRT, & SERCOS III
Evaluation of standards bodies, philosophies, and architectural underpinnings, response time, jitter, data rate, and more
Fieldbus scorecard: which standard wins in price/performance and market acceptance?
Understand your options when it comes to real-time, Ethernet-based fieldbuses. Read the white paper to see how the top five standards stack up.