RTX64 Real-time Windows PC
KINGSTAR Machine Automation Platform Capitalizes on RTX64
IntervalZero’s RTX64 transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS). RTX64 achieves determinism by extending the Windows operating system’s capabilities – without altering or modifying the Windows Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) – by adding a second deterministic scheduler and a shared memory model with Windows to deliver hard real-time performance without relying on latency-inherent virtualization approaches.
The RTX64 architecture is ideal for complex, connected embedded systems that seek to take advantage of Windows’ world-class HMI and that also require determinism and hard real-time.
Real-time applications running on 64-bit Windows PC with RTX64 can access 128GB of non-paged memory, depending on actual mapped physical RAM size. By comparison 32-bit Windows has a non-paged memory limitation of 2GB. Overall, 64-bit Windows’ 512GB of physical memory dwarfs the 4GB physical memory limitation in 32-bit Windows.
Use Microsoft Visual Studio as Your Single Integrated Development Environment
Leverage the power of our partner Microsoft’s comprehensive and complete development toolkit to create real-time motion control and machine vision applications in C, C++, and .NET
- Maximize development and support productivity
- Debug real-time processes directly in the IDE to improve quality
- Deliver superior product differentiation with an immersive interface
- Transform Windows 10 IoT into an RTOS and use Microsoft’s Azure cloud as a backend for motion control
Drive Scalability for Real-Time Applications
Conduct real-time application processing up to 63 cores on a single PC
- Move from a 2-core system to a 64-core system without redesign
- Scale-up with x86/x64 to create next-generation products
- Gain full control over processor load balancing and up to 128 priorities for thread scheduling
Develop Complex Systems with Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Multi-core PC Boards
Leverage x86 and x64 multi-core processors powered PCs to develop complex hard real-time systems that require a sophisticated user experience.
Scale-Up to 64 Core Systems for Dedicated Real-Time Application Processing
Extend the Windows OS capabilities without altering or modifying Windows to deliver determinism and real-time performance.
IntervalZero RTX64 RTOS enables real-time application processing without relying on virtualization approaches, which introduce latency when accessing hardware or complicated inter-process communication schemes.
Replace Costly and Proprietary FPGAs and DSPs at Half the Cost and Time
RTX64 is a key component of the IntervalZero RTOS Platform, the foundation of KINGSTAR. It comprises x86 and x64 multi-core processors, Windows, and real-time EtherCAT software to outperform real-time hardware such as DSPs and dramatically reduce the development costs for systems that require determinism or hard real-time.
- Reduce the product cost of the compute platform by 25-50%
- Lower the operational costs of producing and supporting product by 10-20%
- Shorten the cycle time of getting new generations of products to market
- Increase market share by opening new, previously unreachable markets