Replace FPGAs & DSPs and Transform Windows Into a Real-Time OS with IntervalZero RTX64
The foundation of the KINGSTAR platform, IntervalZero’s RTX64 software replaces FPGAs and DSPs by transforming Windows into a real-time OS (RTOS), reducing development costs and significantly improving the quality of embedded systems.
Scale Up To 64 Core Systems for Dedicated Real-Time Application Processing
Extend the Windows OS capabilities without altering or modifying Windows to deliver determinism and real-time performance. IntervalZero RTX64 RTOS enables real-time application processing without relying on virtualization approaches, which introduce latency when accessing hardware or complicated inter-process communications schemes.
Replace Costly and Proprietary FPGAs and DSPs at Half the Cost and Time
RTX64 is a key component of the IntervalZero RTOS Platform, the foundation of KINGSTAR. It comprises x86 and x64 multicore multiprocessors, Windows, and real-time EtherCAT software to outperform real-time hardware such as DSPs and dramatically reduce the development costs for systems that require determinism or hard real-time.
- Reduce the product cost of the compute platform by 25 – 50%
- Lower the operational costs of producing and supporting product by 10 – 20%
- Shorten the cycle time of getting new generations of products to market
- Increase market share by opening new, previously unreachable markets
- Maximize development and support productivity
- Debug real-time process directly in the IDE to improve quality
- Deliver superior product differentiation with an immersive interface
- Transform Windows 10 IoT into an RTOS and use Microsoft’s Azure Cloud as a backend for motion control
Drive Scalability for Real-Time Applications
Conduct real-time application processing up to 63 cores on a single PC.
- Move from a 2-core system to a 64-core system without redesign
- Scale up with x86/x64 to create next-generation products
- Gain full control over processor load balancing and up to 128 priorities for thread scheduling
Develop Complex Systems with Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Multicore PC Boards
Leverage x86 and x64 multi-core multiprocessor-powered PCs to develop complex hard real-time systems that require a sophisticated user experience.
- Lower computing costs by 25-50% with standards-based development
- Double performance every 18 months by staying on x86/x64
- Achieve continuous performance gains without proprietary hardware
Leverage Pre-tested Components, Drivers, and Applications
With RTX64, you get the most comprehensive and robust set of tested drivers and components so that you can simply focus on building real-time applications. Many core functions are pre-tested and available from third parties or in SDK, so your engineering team can focus on adding intellectual property.
Deliver True Hardware Independence
KINGSTAR and IntervalZero’s cost-effective, software-based RTOS solution removes any need for custom hardware to produce real-time application processing.
- C/C++ code base
- Real-time engine could be repurposed for new product moved to a different form factor
Try KINGSTAR Free
Are you ready to get started? Try KINGSTAR today for free.