Replace Your Machine Vision Hardware with Software at Half the Cost
KINGSTAR Machine Vision empowers engineers to deliver precision vision directed motion applications more easily and cost effectively.
Develop Machine Vision, Image Analysis, and Medical Imaging Software Applications
Build interactive applications and functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display, and archiving on GigE Vision® and other camera devices with KINGSTAR Machine Vision. This unique vision directed motion control software is designed to enhance productivity, reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
KINGSTAR Machine Vision is a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software applications on GigE Vision® and many other camera interfaces. It includes tools for every step in the process, from application feasibility, to prototyping, through to development and ultimately deployment.
Reduce the Time and Effort Needed to Deliver Software-Only Machine Vision
KINGSTAR Machine Vision enhances productivity, expedites time-to-market, and minimizes the effort required to satisfy your customers in multiple ways:
- Harness the full power of today’s hardware through optimizations exploiting SIMD, multi-core CPU, multi-CPU, GPU and FPGA technologies
- Easily support platforms ranging from smart cameras to HPC clusters via a single consistent intuitive API
- Obtain live images from the interface of choice through support for analog Camera Link®, Camera Link HS, CoaXPress®, DVI-D, and GigE Vision®
- Maintain flexibility and choice with 64-bit Windows 7+, Windows 10 IoT and RTX64 (RTOS) support
- Make the best use of available programming know-how with support for C, C++, and C# languages
- Further increase productivity and reduce development costs by receiving training and assistance from Matrox’s team of imaging experts
- Built on IntervalZero’s latest RTX64 RTOS for real-time determinism
Deliver Cost-Effective, Industrial-Grade Vision Directed Motion Positioning with the Matrox Imaging Library
KINGSTAR Machine Vision is powered by the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) through its support for IntervalZero RTX64. MIL is available to run natively in IntervalZero’s RTX64 real-time operating system platform for Windows. RTX64 runs on its own dedicated CPU core(s) alongside Windows to provide a more tightly bound deterministic environment. Under this architecture, a developer partitions a MIL-based application to run on RTX64 and Windows. Response-critical parts are performed in RTX64. These include image capture, processing and analysis, and more significantly, output activation and real-time communication. Less response-critical aspects such as image display and file I/O continue to be conducted in Windows.
Development for RTX64 is done in C/C++ using Visual Studio and a subset of the Windows API. MIL for RTX64 supports image capture using GigE Vision® and supported Matrox frame grabbers. Distributed MIL’s shared memory protocol is available to efficiently handle communication and data exchange, including images, between a MIL process running on RTX64 and one running on Windows. The required MIL licenses are shared between Windows and RTX64.
With KINGSTAR, the Matrox Imaging Library is available separately from Matrox Imaging’s network of authorized distributors. Learn more about Matrox Imaging Library.